Office of the Ombudsman | Assistant Legal Investigator
REPUBLIC OF BOTSWANA
OFFICE OF THE OMBUDSMAN
VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 5 of 2020
REF: 4/7/2 III (24) 23rd Sept 2020
VACANCY: ASSISTANT LEGAL INVESTIGATOR x2 POSTS (GABORONE & MAUN)
VACANCY NUMBER: 170100040.4.2 (Gaborone), 170100098.2.1 (Maun)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified citizens for the above positions in the Office of the Ombudsman, Gaborone and Maun.
Salary: C2/C1 (P135 036 – P197 892) per annum
Leave: 30 working days per annum
Benefits: Optional Contributory Medical Aid Scheme (Government pays 50% & employee 50%); Compulsory Contributory Pension (Government pays15%, Employee 5%)
Main Purpose of the Job
To investigate less complex cases/complaints of maladministration and violation of human rights.
Summary of Duties
1. Investigates less complex cases of maladministration & human rights violations
2. Consults complainants and makes appropriate responses
3. Directs any person to furnish information either orally, in writing, on affidavit, on oath, and/ or directs any person to produce any document in his/her possession or control which has a bearing on the matter being investigated.
4. Attends and examines witnesses.
5. Conducts public education awareness campaigns on the role and functions of the Ombudsman.
1. Problem Solving
2. Functional/Technical skills
3. Timely decision making
4. Drive for Results
5. Integrity & Trust
Quote the number of this Vacancy Circular, the reference number and give the following details:
a) Certified copies of certificates, references and Omang;
b) Brief summary of career with duties (curriculum vitae);
c) In case of serving public officers-:
i) Date of first appointment
ii) Present post and salary scale and date of appointment thereto
e) Applications should be addressed to:
Applications should be addressed to:-
The Office of the Ombudsman
Private Bag BR 374
OR hand delivered to Records Management Unit, 1st Floor
IMPORTANT: All applications from serving public officers should be routed through their Heads of Departments and Permanent Secretaries. Applications not so routed will not be considered.
Applicants who do not meet the requirements will not be responded to.
Closing Date: 14th Oct 2020
For further information, please contact: - Ms. L. Sedigeng or Ms. O. Ditsile Tel: 3953322
Find jobs and sell on www.adcentralbotswana.com