Woolworths Botswana | Assistant Finance Manager
To provide exceptional service by delivering key accounting and financial services in the areas of management reporting, receivables and payables management and Safeguarding of Financial Assets of the company
· Drive profitability by ensuring key profit drivers are within budget.
· Preparation of monthly management accounts and variance analysis with budget
· Assistance in preparation of budgeting process
· Preparation and filing of monthly VAT returns, WHT returns and annual Income Tax return and payment of self-assessment tax
· Submission of necessary documents as per audit requirements
· Control store expenditure within budget parameters.
· Ensure compliance in internal controls through effective self -assessment to minimise risk and deliver operational excellence.
· Communicate, train, implement and sustain relevant policies, processes and procedures within the stores to deliver the required outcomes.
· Constantly seek opportunities and provide feedback to continuously improve and simplify policies, processes and procedures
· Perform reconciliations to prevent financial loss (e.g. system errors, vouchers reconciliations).
· Ensure that all relevant finance reports are printed, scrutinised, actioned and retained (filed).
· Coordinate and communicate incoming TDC's within specified timelines.
· Monitor that legislative attendance registers are completed and advise line manager on non-compliance.
· Manage all supplier account reconciliation and supplier payments timeously and regularly.
· Ensure all supplier invoices are captured in the system on a regular basis.
· Ensure up-to-date records are maintained systematically in respect of all supplier invoices and statements
· Ensure Capturing all VAT entries in respect of supplier invoices
· Custody, maintenance and accounting of all Gift Vouchers and related transactions.
· Analysis of Store and Head office petty cash and communicating with the stores with respect to petty cash and other withdrawals
· Ensuring the timely payment of all utility invoices and capturing those invoices in the system.
· Ensuring strict adherence to Internal control processes and implementation of audit recommendations
· Visiting the stores for physical verification of Store Cash holdings and Gift Vouchers.
· Other management report on ad hoc basis
Qualifications and Technical knowledge and skills:
· Qualification: e.g. ACCA/ Qualified Chartered Accountant or equivalent qualification in accounting.
· 2 to 5 years relevant experience in the Retail/Service industry as a Qualified Accountant.
· Competency in MS office software and Point of Sale Accounting software.
· Good communication skills.
How to apply:
If you are interested in the above position please sand your CV If to email@example.com clearly stating the vacancy you applying for.
Closing Date: 10 November 2018