Bayport | Assistant Application Specialist
Main purpose of the Job:
To act as a Super User with regards to testing, certifying and query handling the software application usage. Provide 1st, 2nd or 3rd Level resolution from a User perspective on application queries and User experience. To be the User champion of the application to ensure that front-end usability is optimised. To ensure Users are adequately skilled and properly certified to use the software
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Assist in testing and experience the application from a User point of view Identify, recommend and address failures from a User’s point of view
· Act as a 1st, 2nd or 3rd Level support to query handling from a User’s point of view
· Assist in measuring the desirability of the application and report on it to the Application Specialist.
· Report on software support SLA's, Operational support on Applications including mobile apps.
· Act as 1st, 2nd or 3rd Level query resolution contact
· Pro-actively assist in resolving any platform operational issues with then guidance from the Application specialist.
· Report on the number of issues and resolution identifying possible areas for improvement
Training of Users
· Establish work aids for user functions on the system
· Assist in developing training contents to equip users
· Support changes where system upgrades are concerned.
Permissions and Certification
· Participate in establishing a matrix on determining User permissions.
· Determine prerequisite requirements prior to granting permissions.
· Investigate, develop and apply certification criterion.
· Participate in the management, maintenance and reporting on the User certification process.
Participate in Application Development and Testing
· Actively participate in the design, build and test phases of the application development process
· Contribute to the User’s perspective in an Agile development structure
· Report on the UAT phase.
· Contribute and participate in the Release Management process.
Skills & Competencies:
· Team player
· Analytical and detailed
· Applying Expertise and Technology
· Analysing and root cause identification
· Working with people
Academic Qualifications & Experience
· Degree/Diploma Information’s systems or Computer Science
· 3+ years’ experience as a Super user, application specialist, UAT specialist or similarly related roles for Diploma holders and 1-2 years for degreed professionals.
· Strong JIRA knowledge- Advantageous
· ITIL knowledge – advantageous
· Formal training or experience on current software tools such as, Outsystems, QlikView, SAS and SQL Server – advantageous.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a comprehensive application complete with curriculum vitae, to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12th April 2019.