Debswana | Assistant Accountant
Debswana Diamond Company Orapa, Letlhakane and Damtshaa Mines would like to invite suitably qualified innovative, results oriented and self-driven individuals to apply for the position listed and described below and join a professional team driven by service excellence, where the demands of the business are met by encouraging team work and addressing the needs of the individual.
Ref No: OLDM0000568
To provide and coordinate an effective accounting service to ensure adherence to all organizational policies and procedures.
· Degree in accounting plus progress towards Professional qualification (ACCA. CIMA, CA)
· Three (3) years' experience in an accounting environment Preferably in a mining environment
· Registration with Botswana Institute of Accountants (Licentiate/ Registered/Associate/Fellow)
· Recommends and incorporates cost saving initiatives into budgets and controls expenditure within approved parameters
· Plans capital reporting cycle to meet internal and external deadlines
· Manages the process of producing Short, medium and long-term capital cash flow and expenditure forecasts by engaging with project managers
· Compiles monthly, quarterly and annual capital reports as required by stakeholders and coordinates the meetings at which these documents are reviewed
· Guides management in the review of commitments and project scope changes to ensure that all expenditure is in accordance with approved scope of work
· Plans and coordinates the preparation of post completion audits by liaising with respective project managers
· Guides SBU management to compile commercial justifications and reviews supporting financial justifications
· Compiles ledger account reconciliations on a monthly basis and develops, implements and reviews capital control procedures.
Please reference OLDM0000568 respectively In the subject line on both the email and application letter.
Only candidates who meet the above requirements need apply enclosing a Current Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of certificates.
Send applications to e-mail: RecruitmentOLM@debswana.bw
Closing date: 24 February 2019
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be responded to.