Bayport Financial Services | Assistant Accountant
Bayport Financial Services is looking for an Assistant Accountant. This role requires someone who is professional, motivated, and energetic. They should also possess a high level of customer centricity.
The post is tenable in Gaborone
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Prepare the payroll for all commission earning staff ensuring timely payment
· Prepare the relevant payroll journal entry for review by the Assistant Financial Accountant
· Maintain all commission related accounts and preparing monthly reconciliations
· Attend to agent queries timeously.
· Performing the designated bank reconciliation statements on a monthly basis.
· Data capture into the company’s accounting system.
· Management of accounts payable processing into the company’s accounting system
· Performing monthly individual supplier reconciliations.
· Making foreign exchange denominated supplier payments.
· Making payments to local suppliers.
· Verify supporting documents for validity, accuracy and completeness, and capture the payments and/or receipts on the accounting system.
· Processing of rental payments
· Performing the IAS 17 adjustments based on current lease agreements
· Ensuring that rental payments are made for new offices occupied and working with Operations to ensure that deposits on old premises are received
· Ensuring the WHT on rental is made and recorded in the correct ledger
· Prepare the IAS 39 computation and process related journal entries
· Prepare the Loan Book reconciliation on a monthly basis and ensure unexplained differences are minimal.
· Internal controls, systems and procedures
· Risk identification
· Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
· Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met
· Participate in the external audit process
· To perform any other duties of a permanent nature or temporary nature as assigned by the supervisor.
Skills & Competencies
· Customer Oriented
· Interpersonal skills
· Ability to apply accounting knowledge
· Attention to detail
· Team player
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Academic Qualifications & Experience
· Diploma in AAT
· 2-3 years in a financial services industry.
· VIP payroll software knowledge.
· Advanced Excel Training
· Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
· Knowledge of IFRS
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a comprehensive application complete with curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 08th November 2019.
Bayport will enter into correspondence with only shortlisted candidates.