Botswana Power Corporation | Accounts supervisor x26
To supervise the activities of a section and service centre to ensure accurate, timely and efficient recording of accounting information in accordance with procedures, targets and work schedules.
Key Performance Areas
· Adherence to accounting timetables and schedules.
· Customer satisfaction.
· Up-to-date and accurate reconciliations
· Achievement of set targets.
Core Accountabilities and Responsibilities
· Reconciles major control accounts monthly to ensure that financial records are accurate and up to date.
· Assigns and supervises daily activities in an accounts section as well as Revenue Centers to ensure efficient service delivery.
· Reviews expenses and claims before processing into the Accounting Systems to ensure correct allocations to ledger codes.
· Analyses and resolves customers and suppliers queries timeously to maintain high-level customer satisfaction.
· Monitors operational targets and monthly timetables within section to ensure timely reporting.
· Reviews subsidiary ledger tasks done by staff and institute remedial action to ensure that quality and accuracy of work is maintained for financial reporting.
· Oversees and enforces compliance with internal controls and audit recommendations to meet corporate objectives and accounting standards.
· Verifies the validity and accuracy of input documents prior to capturing in the system to ensure accuracy of accounting entries.
· Verifies validity and accuracy then authorises payments within specified limits.
· Reviews credit control functions to ensure that the set targets are met.
· Sets up credit dispensing units to ensure accuracy of prepaid electricity sales.
· Repairs and maintains Dispensing units front end components to ensure smooth and accurate selling of prepaid electricity.
UNDERTAKES SUCH OTHER RELATED DUTIES AS DIRECTED BY THE SUPERVISOR
· Bachelor Degree in Accounting and Business Studies or equivalent
· 1 year experience
· Interpersonal and communication skills
· Team Leadership
· Supervisory skills
· Attention to detail
Working with unintegrated Systems.
Works under pressure to maintain customer satisfaction.
Closing 31 December 2018
CLICK TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB