Wilderness Air-Botswana | Accounts Clerk
Reference # WAIRBOT022
Contract Type: Permanent/Contract
Salary: Market Related
Location: Maun, North West, Botswana
Wilderness Air Botswana is part of a multi-national operation that operates a varied fleet of light aircraft, chosen for their ability to transport visitors to remote wilderness destinations with short, dirt-surfaced landing strips. Wilderness Air works proudly as an air support for Wilderness Safaris, a responsible ecotourism and conservation company with private access to nearly all of southern Africa’s finest wildlife areas. It is through these wilderness areas that we are able to offer guests a unique and life-changing experience. We are looking for organized, efficient with an eye for detail and high level of accuracy individuals with a passion and proven experience in the financial field. The applicant will be based in Maun.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Accounts Clerk is responsible to perform administrative and clerical duties. They perform basic office tasks, assisting with bookkeeping and reporting, and researching and resolving discrepancies.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
· Raising Revenue invoices in Great Plains.
· Raising cost recharge invoices to counter party entities.
· Capturing of the daily transaction rates in Great Plains.
· Ensuring that customers are being billed the correct rates.
· Following up with Debtors on Payments.
· Preparation of the Debtors aging Commentaries.
· Custodian of the USD petty cash.
· Performing the USD petty cash reconciliations and requesting for the reimbursements.
· Performing the USD and the BWP petty cash reconciliations and capturing in Great Plains.
· Ensuring that cash sales are collected on time and banked on time.
· Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be as-signed from time-to-time by management.
· Accounting Qualification; preferably AAT.
· At least 2 years’ experience in an accounting department.
· Knowledge of VAT.
· Competency in the MS Office suite with advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
· Comprehensive knowledge of Accounting procedures and principles.
· High level of accuracy, attention to detail and efficiency.
· Ethical behavior when dealing with sensitive financial information.
· Well organized.
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
· Courteous, professional manner, strong customer service skills.
· Team player with the ability to interface with a variety of departments.
· Fast learner.
Job Closing Date 10/05/2019
CLICK HERE TO APPLY