Get more job listings at: www.adcentralbotswana.com/Jobs
Morupule Coal Mine | Accounting Officer
Morupule Coal Mine is a coal mining company in Botswana situated 14 kilometres west of Palapye along Serowe/Palapye Road and mines coal primarily for generation of electricity in Botswana. The company seeks to invite suitably qualified and experienced citizen candidates for the following position:-
To ensure that all transactions are properly captured and processed in line with Mine and International reporting standards
Uses Equipment and supplies in a cost effective manner
• Captures transactions details into the system and ensures up-to-date and accurate information.
• Process transactions in accordance with set policies and procedures
• Performs periodic procedures to execute transactions
• Performs reconciliations and resolves any reconciling items.
• Prepares reports/analysis for authorisation of respective transactions
• Escalates unresolved reconciling items to the assistant accountant for further action
• Liaises with internal/external stakeholders to ensure the attainment of company objectives
• Maintains master files to ensure that transaction data is accurate and up-to-date.
• Prepares ad hoc reports as and when required
• Maintains a log of reconciling item clearing activity for back-up and audit trail.
• Adheres to and promotes safety, health and environmental policies and procedures
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
• Degree in Accounting /AAT or equivalent technical accounting qualification
• At least 2 years experience in a computerized Accounting Environment
• Knowledge of SHE Management System ISO 45001:2018 and ISO 14001: 2015
Only candidates who meet the above requirements need apply with copies of certified certificates and comprehensive curriculum vitae addressed to:
Human Resources Advisor - Services
Morupule Coal Mine
Private Bag 35
Closing date: 03 July 2020
PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND THROUGH FAX AND NOTE THAT RESPONSES WILL ONLY BE MADE TO APPLICANTS CONSIDERED FOR INTERVIEW.
We offer a competitive salary package.
Prospective candidates must be medically and physically fit and willing to work in an Underground Coal Mining Environment and meet demanding schedules.