Debswana | Accounting Officer
Debswana Diamond Company - Corporate Centre would like to invite suitably qualified innovative, results oriented and self-driven individuals to apply for the positions listed and described below and join a professional team driven by service excellence, where the demands of the business are met by encouraging team work and addressing the needs of the individual.
Tenable at: Corporate Centre, Jwaneng and Orapa, Letlhakane & Damtshaa Mines
To perform effective accounting transactions, in accordance with organisational policies and procedures.
· Degree or AAT or Higher Diploma in Accounting/Finance
· AAT - Three (3) years’ experience.
· HND - One (1) year experience.
· Suggests cost saving and other initiatives that add value to the business.
· Ensures adherence to the application of internal controls, policies procedures and legislation.
· Maintains efficient and effective transactional process by receiving source documentation and record according to procedures.
· Resolves accounts Receivables queries and issues.
· Performs reconciliations and take corrective action when required.
· Process invoices as per procedure by capturing and parking payments and confirming sandry delivery notes.
· Processes weekly adjustment cycle checks, salary reversals, salary corrections and manual salaries.
· Processes Asset Transfers and disposals as per procedure
· Conducts Payment runs as per procedure
· Conducts posting to the general ledger by preparing back up documentation.
· Drive and energy
· Innovation & Resourcefulness
· Problem Solving
· Self-Started and Motivated
· Time Management
· Clear Communication
Only candidates who meet the above requirements need apply by visiting us on http://www.debswana.com/careers to register and apply.
Closing date: 26th March 2019
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be responded to.