Botswana Open University (BOU) | Accountant Revenue
Botswana Open University (BOU) requires a suitably qualified and duty conscious person for the Position detailed below:
Main Purpose of the Job
Working under the Finance Manager, ensures that payments are received promptly and efficiently from learners and other clients of the University in order for the University to achieve its mission.
Key Performance Areas
· Monitors the Accounts Receivable and general ledger activities covering all revenue accounts to ensure that the University receives all payments that are due from its clients.
· Oversees the billing department activities to ensure that clients are notified promptly of any revenues owed to the University so that they could make timely payments.
· Confirms that invoices, bills and statements are promptly passed to the appropriate office for documentation in accordance with University procedures.
· Ensures collection of all money owed to the University as efficiently as possible to strengthen the income earned and enable University operations to be carried out effectively. This includes cash management and reporting.
· Manages and reconciles Student Debtor and bank accounts timely.
· Prepares the Budget and periodic reports timely and ensures that financial statements are compiled in accordance with University standards as well as IFRS.
· Degree in Accounting or equivalent.
· Part – qualification ACCA/CIMA. Professional (final level) ACCA/CIMA qualification added advantage.
· 5 years’ experience in a computerised computing environment.
· Ability to prepare financial accounts, budgets and cash flow forecasts.
· Ability to analyse complex financial information and produce reports.
· Knowledge of computerised accounting.
· Good interpersonal skills.
Botswana Open University (BOU) offers an attractive salary package commensurate with quali cations and experience.
Interested persons who meet the above stated requirements should send or hand deliver their applications together with copies of their Curriculum Vitae, relevant certi ed copies of certi cates and two recent references to:
Director, Human Resources
Botswana Open University
Private Bag BO 187
Closing date: 24th January 2019